“Why, anybody can have a brain. That's a very mediocre commodity. Every pusillanimous creature that crawls on the Earth or slinks through slimy seas has a brain. Back where I come from, we have universities, seats of great learning, where men go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts and with no more brains than you have. But they have one thing you haven't got: a diploma.”

--The Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow


"I know I chatter on far too much...but if you only knew how many things I want to say and don't. Give me SOME credit." --Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables, PBS, 1985

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Handouts, Morality and Common Sense by Walter E. Williams

Handouts, Morality and Common Sense by Walter E. Williams

1 comment:

  1. Common sense was thrown out with the wash when "progressives" decided that your money is better spent by them. Just because a program or cause seems important to you, that doesn't give you the right to spend my money for it. If you have it in your heart to give to others, then do so. If you do not, then don't, just don't tell me what I am to do with the little extra that I have! You will answer to a higher authority eventually.

    ReplyDelete